January Swap - Back and Swappier than Ever
I have zero excuses for why it’s taken me so long to post pics from the first amazing year-o-the-dragon swap from PRODUCTION and I’m not going to waste more time thinking of some. Let’s get down to it - my inimitable swapmate rang in the new year with a resolution-themed swapped, each item representing one of 10 resolution. Let’s puzzle this out together!
1. A trio of items - I will grant this point to the 3-panel original photo-haiku created in accordance with Resolution #12 - Tell the people I love that I appreciate them. Serious aw-factor +1
2. A pattern - fuzzy patterned paper, and a reminder to #3 Get off the grid more often +1
3. Something found locally - That awesome postcard was found on/pictures Mulberry St - near the old stomping grounds, which remain remarkably unchanged, as far as foot-traffic is concerned +1
4. A postcard - See above. As for the resolution…#4 - Eat local, eat healthy? Italian specialties! +1
5. Something odd-sized - Not this time.
6. Two things that go together - Again, a stretch, but I’m giving it to the two-piece vintage glass chicken, because I love it so much I could cluck. This obviously embodies resolution #8 - Take risks, don’t be a chicken! +1
7. Something feminine - Well, diamonds are a girl’s best friend, so this little bracelet is at least my new best frenemy and a great way to #9 Start buying the finer things. +1
8. Something old, used or vintage - Vintage salt-dish chicken. Which really blows my mind because I was seconds away from buying one just prior to the swap, and demurred. I must have known it was taken care of. +1
9. Something edible - I must say, these candies were more fragrant than edible, but the point stands. +1
10. Something found in nature - She’s right - this one is murder in the winter months.
11. An organizational item - How am I going to keep track of all the delightful beers Michigan has to offer? Now I know. #7 Get drunk…er…organized. +1
12. Something international - A Honduran dollar, very cool. And an excellent reminder to #2 Travel more. +1
13. An animal - Chicken. +1
14. Something to read (not a book, necessarily) - Really, the haiku killed me, and all my foot dragging has enable me to show you the frame I made for it, still drying, but comprised of paper ephemera from our special Xmas swap +1
15. Something for the table - Alright, chicken. That’s about enough out of you. +1
16. Something made of glass - Gah! Damn you, chicken!! +1.
17. Added—-> Something to wear - Riiiight, I appear to be wearing that bracelet. +1
18. Packages must be sent by the 1st +1
19. $15 max (not including postage) +1
Final Score 17/19 - ooh, dawg, that’s two in a row for PRODUCTION. You can click through to see my score. I gotta get back on my game.
Note the additional items - an adorable paper robot & its robo-dog, because she’s already #6 Find more time for arts & crafts, and a honeybee candle for when I #1 Find more time to relax. How’d I do on that game? My resolution should be to smarten up!